Jul 9, 2010

#35 - "High achievers spot rich opportunities swiftly, make big decisions quickly, and move into action immediately.

Follow these principles and you can make your dreams come true."
Robert H. Schuller
Televangelist, Pastor and Author

#35 - 183 (-1.5) total -16.5 lb

Well I'm on the homestretch now...10 days to go! Then 3 weeks of Stabilization. I'll pay attention and read fine print this time.

I think I'm going to create a "Lessons Learned" page. Then I'm going to add this one to it, and I may have mentioned this before but; take into consideration seasonality-such as planned holidays, long weekends, etc.

I just came across some addn'l info today via a new HCG contact that I've made in the States who quotes from Dr. Simeon's book about "Taking a Break Because of Unforeseen Interruptions", e.g. knowing beforehand that you will have to travel and be absent for more than four days, he suggests it is always better to stop the drops 3 days before hand and continue with the 500 cal for those 3 days.

He continues, "this saves them from the almost impossible task of having to arrange the 500 calorie diet while en route, and he can thus enjoy a much greater dietary freedom from the day of their departure. Only caveat is interruptions should only happen after 7-10 days of being on the program, otherwise some weight is liable to be regained. After 7-10 days an unavoidable interruption is merely a loss of time. Hmmmmm - very interesting. I shall take that under advisement.

I've figured out how to go out to lunch or dinner with friends and stay "on". Order a green salad with 1/2 lemon on the side, grilled chicken breast, water/mineral water, green tea/black coffee/espresso.

May sound plain but you'll be amazed at how "clean" your palette becomes-which in my books is a good thing. Then you're not so tempted to go back at those greasy, creamy high fat, calorie and carb meals.

I remember ordering a small Caesar salad at this restaurant in Newmarket that's famous for them and although first few bites tasted good, my stomach started to get really upset and I never finished it - I actually thought I was going to see it again, same happened with their Greek salad.

Also, at home I have on hand herbs and organic sea salt herb mixes that I grind on top of my salad to give it a twist.

Must tell you quickly, I went to the Mall quickly this a.m. as I needed some smaller clothes! Wow now doesn't that sound great! It sure felt great.

It's funny how some clothes are a smaller fit than others but I was thinking to myself today as I was fitting into size 14 and size 12 tops and slacks...if this is what I fit into at 183, should I choose to keep going 'til 140, what the heck size am I really?

I always thought maybe I was a 10/12, because when I was in my early 20's I remembered buying 10. But now I'm not so sure...

From Feb'10 I had set the target of 140 and just figured I'd see and feel what was the healthiest for me-might be less, might be more.

Cheers to Your Health!
Glenda

No comments: