Aug 4, 2010

Stable #20 - "I live by this credo: Have a little laugh at life and look around you for happiness instead of sadness. Laughter has always brought me

out of unhappy situations. Even in your darkest moment, you usually can find something to laugh about if you try hard enough."
Red Skelton 1913 - 1997
Comedian

Stable Day #20 - 178.5 lb (-2.5 from weight set point)

Oops! I'm 0.5 under the 2 lb limit of either 2 lb above 181 or 2 lb below. I didn't eat enough yesterday obviously.

Was up at the cottage Fri to Mon where we had a 50th BD bash for my brothers Jeff & Jamie. Lots of eating and laughs. Not everything on the menu was allowed for me but I was able to pick and choose from the mountains of food being served.

I had very supportive and positive feedback from my family in regards to my weight loss success and this blog. A comment was made about not quite understanding the lingo, such as NLP and HCG.

Will do better to be clearer and to add complete pages for each of these.

Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP): NLP is a model of communication – how we communicate to self and others – and how that communication creates and affects our behaviour.

As a study, it is a synthesis of cognitive and behavioural philosophies which focus on the information coming in through the neurology (cognitive) and the programs we run inside our heads to produce the behaviours (behavioural) we do.

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG): HCG is a polypeptide protein that exists in every tissue in the human body in tiny amounts. When a woman becomes pregnant her body produces high quantities of this which aides in supplying nutrition for the baby.

HCG helps break down and mobilize "abnormal fat" cells so they can be used by your body for energy and appetite suppression during the very low calorie (VLCD) phase of the diet.

Cheers to Your Health!
Glenda

No comments: